Keeping our patients and people safe
As COVID case numbers again rise across the state, we would ask the community to help protect our patients and staff. While we are welcoming visitors (see our visitor page for more details), we would ask that you:
- Consider if your visit to the hospital is necessary at this time
- Be fully vaccinated, perform a RAT test and return a negative result on your day of visit
- Wear a mask at all times while in the hospital
- Maintain social distancing and practice hand hygiene
- Please do not visit if you:
- Are feeling unwell
- Are a close or household contact of someone who is ill
Our thanks for your support and understanding.
Welcome to St Helen's Private Hospital
Since 1919, St Helen's Private Hospital has been providing high quality healthcare to Hobart and the broader community. The Hospital has undergone many changes over the years, but the focus is now mental health inpatient and day patient services, and the only private mother and baby service in Tasmania.
Our hospital is located near the Hobart CBD. We accept patients from throughout Tasmania. The facility comprises a 31 bed inpatient mental health unit, a range of day patient programs and an 8 bed inpatient Mother Baby Unit.
Our beautiful heritage building provides a relaxing setting for patients that complements our focus on providing personalised care in a compassionate and understanding way.
St Helen’s Private hospital is fully accredited by the Australian Council of Healthcare Standards.